About RKTracer Tool
We at RKValidate Software have developed a new and innovative RKTracer tool based on our years of experience in the software testing domain.
The RKTracer is an automated unit test generation and code coverage tool for developers and testers. It allows developers and testers to create unit tests with easy to use user interfaces and validate code coverage metrics for safety-critical software on native host and embedded target systems.
The RKTracer tool can generate unit tests in the GTest framework or Unity framework of your choice for C/C++ languages.
Every time you do mutation testing of your application, you can add new tests or generate delta code coverage reports. As a result, developers easily determine if newly added code or refactored code has covered or not.
Why RKTracer Automation Tool?
RKTracer is a versatile and easy-to-use automation tool. It can work in your existing development and testing environments. Helps with generation of unit tests in GTest or the Unity framework, as well as the generation of code coverage reports in your existing testing or development environment.
|RKTracer Automation Tool||X Tools|
|Very easy to use tool||Very difficult to configure and use.|
|Supports all compilers and Cross-Compilers for C/C++ languages||Support for selected compilers and cross-compilers|
|Plug-in for all IDEs, Jenkins and Sonarqube||Plug-in for selected IDEs.|
|Generates unit tests in GTest and Unity frameworks for C/C++ projects based on the requirement data.||Generates unit tests using cppunit or xUnit|
|RKTracer tool directly adds unit tests directly to your build environment, and you can run unit tests in existing build or test environments. No need to import your project into the vendor IDE.||You can only generate unit tests, provided you move/import your project into the vendor IDE.|
|RKTracer will auto-detect your compiler and automatically add a runtime library based on build configuration, when enabled. No need to manually add the runtime library. For ex: embedded software testing, server or cloud based testing.||Based on the embedded target, you need to manually add runtime library.|
|You can run existing unit tests or functional tests or system tests and automatically generate code coverage reports using the rktracer tool.||Only selected testing types are supported.|
|Detailed coverage metrics Function, Line, Statement, Decision/Branch Condition Coverage, MC/DC Coverage, Multiple Condition Coverage, Delta Code Coverage and Code Coverage for New/Modified lines of code||Basic coverage metrics Function coverage, Line Coverage, Branch Coverage|
|Detailed and in-depth line colouring Green colour: CoveredYellow colour: Partially CoveredRed colour: Not coveredAs a result, if a single line has multiple statements or conditions.RKTracer report will highlight parts of code executed in the same line with more in-depth coverage information, i.e., covered, partially covered, and not covered.||Basic complete line colouring Green colour: covered Red colour: not coveredAs a result, if a single line has multiple statements or conditions. If one condition or statement is covered, the tool will highlight the complete line in green, red shows coverage information|
|Every easy to configure as the RKTracer tool comes with a plugin for Jenkins, SonarQube, and Azure DevOps.||Use third-party tools for Jenkins or SonarQube, or Azure DevOps|
RKTracer automation tool has been developed and streamlined with end-user input and feedback. It is the only tool that I’ve come across which does not require a lot of time or technical expertise to implement and use.
- RKTracer doesn’t add environment variables.
- RKTracer executable directory will be appended to the search path so that rktracer executables won’t interfere with other applications running in the same build system.
- No extra wrapper directory is required by the RKTracer tool.
- RKTracer tool is not affected by most of the compiler options or flags issues.
- Modern/latest and robust parsers to hand parser issues with syntax ambiguities.
- We can easily add support for new programming languages as a plugin to the RKTracer tool.
RKTracer Automation Tool features
- Very easy to use tool
- Automatically generates unit tests in Google test (GTest) or Unity framework for C/C++ based applications.
- Easy to use browser user interface to design and generate unit tests.
- Supports both unit testing, functional testing/integration testing , system testing, Docker and Cloud testing.
- Supports all compilers, cross-compilers, embedded targets/microcontrollers and cloud based testing or testing applications in Docker.
- Supports all build systems and tests frameworks.
- GNU Makefile, Cygwin, Nmake, gmake, QT Makefile,
- Microsoft Visual Studio CMake
- MinGW CMake
- Nmake CMake
- GNU CMake
- MSBuild C, C++ and C#
- Dotnet (.NET core)
- Gradle build and NDK build
- Maven builds
- ANT build
- The RKTracer tool plugin for IDEs.
- Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
- IAR Embedded Workbench IDE
- Greenhills Multi IDE
- Code Composer Studio IDE
- Keil uVision/Keil MDK-ARM IDE
- DS-5 ARM IDE
- Simplicity Studio IDE
- Microchip MPLAB IDE
- Renesas e2 Studio IDE
- Android Studio IDE
- Tizen IDE
- Eclipse IDE
- NetBeans IDE
- Detailed Code Coverage information with different metrics.
- Function Coverage
- Line Coverage
- Green: Fully Coverage
- Yellow: Partial Coverage
- Red: Not Covered
- Statement Coverage
- Branch or Decision Coverage
- Condition Coverage
- MC/DC Code Coverage
- Multiple-Condition Code Coverage
- Delta Code Coverage and Coverage for New/Modified lines of code.
- Plugin for Continuous Integration Jenkins, Azure DevOps, and SonarQube support.