RKTracer Tool Features?
An automated unit tests generation and code coverage tool must be flexible enough to operate with existing build configurations to be effective. Even if existing applications or legacy code with or without unit testing, integration testing and functional testing.
When you use the rktracer automation tool, you can generate unit tests using the GTest framework or unity framework of your choice and determine how much of your code is covered by these tests and provide precise coverage metrics regardless of the method you use for testing the program, whether unit tests, integration tests, functional tests, etc., or manual execution of the application.
As the RKTracer tool is automatically generating unit test cases using Google Test Framework based on the project requirement data. This allows developers to write better code while getting more efficient, saving time and money.
Furthermore, RKTracer is capable of generating mutation/Delta code coverage. As a result, the developer could rapidly identify whether new or changed lines have been covered in mutation testing.
The RKTracer automation tool is designed in such a way that it requires very little knowledge of the compiler. That is, it is compatible with all compilers and cross-compilers.
More detailed information about RKTracer Tool
RKTracer is available for use on the following platforms:
- Linux (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows (32- and 64-bit)
- macOS (32- and 64-bit)
In-house custom OS platforms: RKTracer can be custom-built for any in-house Operating System that your organization utilizes. Please contact us for additional information.
C versions: C89, C90, C95, C99, C11, C17
C++ versions: C++98, C++03, C++11, C++14, C++17, C++20
Supported Compiler families:
RKTracer doesn’t depend on target architecture or concrete compiler names. Following are some of the compilers list
- GNU gcc/g++
- Borland/Paradigm/Embarcadero compiler
- Intel Compiler
- Icc & icl
- Microsoft compiler
- VS2005 to VS2019.
- Project with precompiled headers is also supported
- IAR Compiler
- All ~23 icc* compiler and corresponding linker.
- Keil / Raisonance
- c51, c251, c166, cx51 (IDE integration)
- rc51, rcstm8, rcst7
- Arm / Keil: armcc
- Texas Instrument Compilers
- All working. (armcl, cl16x, cl2000, cl430, cl55, cl500, cl6x, clpru, cl-arp32 tested)
- xc8-cc, xc16-gcc, xc32-gcc
- pic compilers pic10, pic12, pic16, pic18
- Many more
Sample Target Hardware:
Any hardware that supports modern programming languages can be the target hardware for our code coverage tool. The following is a list of the commonly used hardware.
- Intel x86 and x64
- PowerPC (PPC)
- AURIX™ TriCore
- Many more….
Supports all build systems and tests frameworks.
- GNU Makefile, Cygwin, Nmake, gmake, QT Makefile,
- Microsoft Visual studio cmake
- MinGW cmake
- nmake cmake
- GNU cmake
- MSBuild C, C++, and C#
- dotnet (.NET core)
- Gradle build and NDK build
- Maven build
- ANT build
RKTracer tool plugin for IDEs.
- Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
- IAR Embedded Workbench IDE
- Simplicity Studio IDE
- Greenhills Multi IDE
- Code Composer Studio IDE
- Keil uVision/Keil MDK-ARM IDE
- DS-5 ARM IDE
- Microchip MPLAB IDE
- Renesas e2 Studio IDE
- Android Studio IDE
- Tizen IDE
- Eclipse IDE
- NetBeans IDE
- Microsoft compiler CSC (Supports all versions)
- Mono C# Compilers (Supports all versions)
- dotNET Compiler Platform (“Roslyn”)
- Build environments Visual Studio, don’t, and MSBuild.
- VS IDE 2005 to VS 2019 IDE supported
- Supports 7 and above of Java Sun/oracle/OpenJDK versions.
- NodeJS (V8) (All versions are supported)
- JSX (ReactJS)
- JerryScript (All versions are supported)
- Python version 2.7 to the latest version supported
- Following interpreters or compiler supported
- IronPython, CPython, Jython, nuitka, pypy, python, micro python
- Supports Golang versions from 1.5.4 to the latest version
- Supports Swift versions up to 5.0
Supported Code Coverage metrics
- Function Coverage
- Line Coverage
- Green: Fully Coverage
- Yellow: Partial Coverage
- Red: Not Covered
- Statement Coverage
- Branch or Decision Coverage
- Condition Coverage
- MC/DC Code Coverage (Supported only for C & C++)
- Multiple-Condition Code Coverage
- Mutation Code Coverage or Delta coverage
- Code Coverage for New/Modified lines
Do you want to access real-time coverage and analysis for a build as soon as it is released? Do you want to assess recent changes in the code?
Well, you have it. RKTracer integrates directly into several build-and-test frameworks and acts as a Continuous Integration (CI) component.
- Plugin for Jenkins
- Plugin for Azure DevOps
- SonarQube (all versions are supported)
Our Coverage Browser built within lets you interactively assess and generate reports in several formats:
- HTML – You can browse through the summary at the project level, file-level, and function level, as well as the in-depth analysis on a Web Browser. Including delta coverage and coverage for new lines
- XML – You can export the raw data and process it as per your needs
- SonarQube – You can integrate the code coverage into SonarQube.
RKTracer goes beyond the general coverage standards. In the post-processing phase, you can utilize the extra information to get more depth in your analysis.
- Delta Code Coverage.
- Code Coverage for New/modified lines of code.
- Built-in Comparison of coverage results from one build to another.
Need more information?